Whatever you'd like to share to help me prepare for this lecture, I'd appreciate it.
To get your mind working, here are some things I look for to add to my speeches...
1. about 5 verses related to the topic, and their Tafseer
2. A fable/folktale, if possible, that relates to the topic
3. Arabic and takhreej of 5 hadith related to the topic
4. Heartwarming quotes or stories or verses/hadith that discuss the topic
5. Heartwarming quotes or stories or verses/hadith that equal:
importance of quran reading
6. Relevant Fiqh issues related to the topic that EVERYONE wants to
know about, very popular fiqh issues related to topic.
7. 10 tips list of something related to the topic (ex: 10 tips to
manage sadness). It can be less then 10 tips. And you are welcome to
include multiple lists.
8. Why is this topic important? A list of three reasons with proof.
9. What exactly is the problem in this topic? what questions need to
10. Good or bad, what mainstream (non-Muslim) advice is given on this topic?
11. Do you have any real life heart warming (or chilling) stories of
people who succeeded (or failed) at this topic?
12. What is the opposite opinion of the approach we are taking, and
what are their arguments? (ex: if we say you should be patient, others
say it is good to vent out loud because then it gets out of your
system. What's the response to the response?)
13. What action items should someone take regarding this topic?
14. Interesting Statistics related to the topic (ex: percentage of
women who suffer miscarriages)
15. Questions that might be on the minds of people regarding this topic.